California State Board of Optometry
Consumer Protection Since 1913
Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to protect the health and safety of California consumers through licensing, education, and regulation of the practice of Optometry.
Optometry "Breeze" Online services enable you to:
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- RENEW your license/registration,
- REQUEST a Replacement or Duplicate Certificate
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe please call 855-227-9633. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except Holidays).
BreEZe: Are you experiencing technical difficulties with the new BreEZe Licensing and Enforcement System? Contact the BreEZe Help Desk at (916) 557-1208 or BreEZe@dca.ca.gov with questions related to:
- Password Resets
- Account Unlocks
- Linking licenses to your accounts
- BreEZe Error Messages
Contact the Board/Bureau directly at (916) 575-7170 for all other questions.
- Sunset Review Report 2016
- Dispensing Optician Committee Application
- Online Refractions: Not a Comprehensive Eye Exam
- Request for Approval of Continuing Education Course(s)
- Important Notice Regarding the Registered Dispensing Optician Program
- Law Examination Workshop Subject Matter Experts WANTED (Posted
September 30, 2015)
- Regulation Notice - 1536, 1571 Continuing Optometric Education (Posted September 8, 2015)
- Regulation Notice - 1516, 1582 Medical Evaluations and Unprofessional Conduct (Posted September 1, 2015)
- UPDATE: National Association of Optometrists and Opticians v. Harris (Posted August 21, 2015)
- Quick Hits
Verify a Registration For:
- Out of State Dispenser
- Contact Lens Dispenser
- Dispensing Optician
- Spectacle Lens Dispenser