California State Board of Optometry
Consumer Protection Since 1913
Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to protect the health and safety of California consumers through licensing, education, and regulation of the practice of Optometry.
- Contact Lens Health Week is August 24-28, 2015, here are some helpful tips! (Posted August 24, 2015)
- UPDATE: National Association of Optometrists and Opticians v. Harris (Posted August 21, 2015)
- Retired Optometrist License Application (Posted June 17, 2015)
- Retired - Volunteer Service Designation Application (Posted June 17, 2015)
- Important Notice: Additional Fees Effective April 1, 2014 to Implement the New Business and Professions Code section 208 (Posted: March 28, 2014)
- About Business and Professions Code Section 655 and Resolution of National Association of Optometrists & Opticians v. Harris (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Application and Process for Out-of-State Optometrist to Participate at a Sponsored Free Health Care Event (Posted: June 5, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Fingerprint Requirements for Optometrists renewing an OPT license that was issued prior to April 1, 2007. If you completed the fingerprint process in one of the last two renewal cycles, you DO NOT need to complete your fingerprints again. Fee Change: Now $49 instead of $51, effective March 19, 2012 (Posted: March 19, 2012)
- Quick Hits