California State Board of Optometry
Consumer Protection Since 1913
Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to protect the health and safety of California consumers through licensing, education, and regulation of the practice of Optometry.
Optometry "Breeze" Online services enable you to:
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- RENEW your license/registration,
- REQUEST a Replacement or Duplicate Certificate
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe please call 855-227-9633. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except Holidays).
BreEZe: Are you experiencing technical difficulties with the new BreEZe Licensing and Enforcement System? Contact the BreEZe Help Desk at (916) 557-1208 or BreEZe@dca.ca.gov with questions related to:
- Password Resets
- Account Unlocks
- Linking licenses to your accounts
- BreEZe Error Messages
Contact the Board/Bureau directly at (916) 575-7170 for all other questions.
- Important Notice Regarding the Registered Dispensing Optician Program
- Law Examination Workshop Subject Matter Experts WANTED (Posted
September 30, 2015)
- Regulation Notice - 1536, 1571 Continuing Optometric Education (Posted September 8, 2015)
- Regulation Notice - 1516, 1582 Medical Evaluations and Unprofessional Conduct (Posted September 1, 2015)
- UPDATE: National Association of Optometrists and Opticians v. Harris (Posted August 21, 2015)
- Retired Optometrist License Application (Posted June 17, 2015)
- Retired - Volunteer Service Designation Application (Posted
June 17, 2015)
- Important Notice: Additional Fees Effective April 1, 2014 to Implement the New Business and Professions Code section 208
(Posted: March 28, 2014)
- About Business and Professions Code Section 655 and Resolution of National Association of Optometrists & Opticians v. Harris (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Application and Process for Out-of-State Optometrist to Participate at a Sponsored Free Health Care Event (Posted:
June 5, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Fingerprint Requirements for Optometrists renewing an OPT license that was issued prior to April 1, 2007. If you completed the fingerprint process in one of the last two renewal cycles, you DO NOT need to complete your fingerprints again. Fee Change: Now $49 instead of $51, effective March 19, 2012 (Posted: March 19, 2012)
- Quick Hits
Verify a Registration For:
- Out of State Dispenser
- Contact Lens Dispenser
- Dispensing Optician
- Spectacle Lens Dispenser