California State Board of Optometry
Consumer Protection Since 1913
Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to protect the health and safety of California consumers through licensing, education, and regulation of the practice of Optometry.
Optometry "Breeze" Online services enable you to:
- VERIFY a license or registration,
- FILE a complaint against a licensee or registrant.
- RENEW your license/registration,
- REQUEST a Replacement or Duplicate Certificate
If you need technical assistance with BreEZe please call 855-227-9633. Assistance is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (except Holidays).
BreEZe: Are you experiencing technical difficulties with the new BreEZe Licensing and Enforcement System? Contact the BreEZe Help Desk at (916) 557-1208 or BreEZe@dca.ca.gov with questions related to:
- Password Resets
- Account Unlocks
- Linking licenses to your accounts
- BreEZe Error Messages
Contact the Board/Bureau directly at (916) 575-7170 for all other questions.
- Business and Professions Code § 2556.2 Reporting Requirements (Posted 12/14/2016)
- Sunset Review Report 2016 (Posted 12/6/2016)
- Dispensing Optician Committee Application (Posted 11/30/2016)
- Online Refractions: Not a Comprehensive Eye Exam (Posted 4/28/2016)
- Request for Approval of Continuing Education Course(s) (Posted 6/13/2016)
- Important Notice Regarding the Registered Dispensing Optician Program (Posted 12/29/2015)
- Quick Hits
Verify a Registration For:
- Out of State Dispenser
- Contact Lens Dispenser
- Dispensing Optician
- Spectacle Lens Dispenser