Important Message to Consumers and Licensees Regarding License Lookup!
NOTICE - Licensees with an Expiration Date of November 30, 2013: The California State Board of Optometry has been notified of a programming error that has resulted in individuals with an expiration date of November 30, 2013 being displayed on the License Lookup Feature as expired/delinquent. The California State Board of Optometry is actively working with the Department of Consumer Affairs to have this matter corrected as soon as possible. Once the error has been rectified, the California State Board of Optometry will post a follow-up notice on its website. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this error has caused.
Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to serve the public and optometrists by promoting and enforcing laws and regulations which protect the health and safety of California's consumers and to ensure high quality care.
- About Business and Professions Code Section 655 and Resolution of National Association of Optometrists & Opticians v. Harris (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Closing Your Optometric Practice (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Summer 2013 Newsletter (Posted: September 13, 2013)
- 2013 Optometry Laws and Regulations Book Now Available (Posted: July 8, 2013)
- Application and Process for Out-of-State Optometrist to Participate at a Sponsored Free Health Care Event (Posted: June 5, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions – New Fingerprinting Requirements for Optometrists Licensed Prior to April 1, 2007
Fee Change: Now $49 instead of $51, effective March 19, 2012 (Posted: March 19, 2012)
- Quick Hits