Welcome to the Board of Optometry web site!
The mission of the California State Board of Optometry is to serve the public and optometrists by promoting and enforcing laws and regulations which protect the health and safety of California's consumers and to ensure high quality care.
- Special Board Meeting (Teleconference) - June 23, 2014
- Important Notice: Additional Fees Effective April 1, 2014 to Implement the New Business and Professions Code section 208 (Posted: March 28, 2014)
- About Business and Professions Code Section 655 and Resolution of National Association of Optometrists & Opticians v. Harris (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Closing Your Optometric Practice (Posted: September 25, 2013)
- Summer 2013 Newsletter (Posted: September 13, 2013)
- 2013 Optometry Laws and Regulations Book Now Available (Posted: July 8, 2013)
- Application and Process for Out-of-State Optometrist to Participate at a Sponsored Free Health Care Event (Posted: June 5, 2013)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Fingerprint Requirements for Optometrists renewing an OPT license that was issued prior to April 1, 2007. If you completed the fingerprint process in one of the last two renewal cycles, you DO NOT need to complete your fingerprints again. Fee Change: Now $49 instead of $51, effective March 19, 2012 (Posted: March 19, 2012)
- Quick Hits